Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Champagne Taste On A Coca-Cola Budget

My mother always told me, "In your wardrobe, it's better to have a few high quality items than a lot of junk". I always keep this in mind, especially when it comes to my every day style. I'll have to admit, a lot of my clothes (usually basics, like jeans and solid t-shirts) are from lower-end stores (like Forever 21 and Old Navy, even), but the rest are higher-quality statement pieces, usually having a name brand of some sort. The trick is knowing how to mix your lower-end basics with higher-end pieces so your entire outfit looks put together and fashionable. Most of the time, you can find popular styles for less if you keep your eye out for brands that like to borrow style ideas from other companies. (In no way do I encourage buying fake designer items such as handbags--to me, it's stealing. It's better to go without the item than to steal a designer's original idea that someone ripped off). I'm going to show you some designer articles of clothing that are similar in style with the less-expensive versions that are easier on your wallet.


The Graphic Floral Bag


 The Funky Clutch

The Silky Scarf

The Colorful Heel

The Chunky Heel

The Metallic Floral Skirt

The Side Detail Sunglasses

The Tweed Decorative Jacket

No comments:

Post a Comment